Friday, April 9, 2010

** NEW ROCHELLE NY UPDATE - Two GORGEOUS Jindo Dogs FOUND as Strays

THESE POOR JINDOS NEED IMMEDIATE HELP PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY JINDO RESCUES THAT CAN HELP THEM PLEASE

CONTACT happytailsup@aol.com

note different city shelter

I am sending out this mass email in the hopes that someone can either help or knows of someone that can with this pair of Jindo dogs that were at large in Larchmont. On Thursday 3/25 6pm I received a call from a non-rescue animal group about 2 stray dogs that had been seen on a homeowners property on the Mamaroneck/Larchmon t border. Because the dogs kept going back and forth between the borders the shelters
kept saying the other should get the dogs. I went out to see what the situation was and ended up roping the male with in the hour. The female turned out to be so scared and it took me until 2pm the following day to get her.
When both were caught they instantly because submissive and were nuzzling and kissing me. As dirty and smelly as they are they are beautiful dogs. Turns out they are purebred Jindo dogs, Korea's national treasure. I reluctantly took them to the shelter as I had no where else for them to go. They are not doing well there and I'm afraid for their life. It seems that most Jindo's do not do well in shelters and are euthanized because of it. So sad. I can't believe that I came into their lives to catch them to be euthanized.

I am asking you-all to spread the word about these two loyal dogs. They are loyal to each other (I think they are brother/sister or mother/son) she never left sight of him after I caught him.

Go to http://www.koreanjindos.com/ for further info about the breed. You will read they are not for everyone but I'm hoping you know someone that will be right for these guys. They are worth it. Thursday is DDay. I would like to pull them from the shelter have them bathed and fully vetted and deliver them to a foster or even better a forever home by the weekend.

Any help is appreciated!
happytailsup@aol.com

1 comment:

  1. http://www.jindo-dog-rescue.org/available/seolhee/seolhee.html

    ReplyDelete